Saturday, December 09, 2006

Christmas is getting closer & closer

Every year since my husband passed away I have declared that I will not put up a tree and that I will not get involved in all these Christmas excesses. But so much for good intentions.
I gave my old artificial tree to my daughter for her new apartment - then decided that one of these new pre-lit skinny trees would suit my needs and as luck would have it I was shopping at the nearby hardware store and they had all their Christmas trees reduced and if I took the floor model I got an even better discount.

Now being closely related to Scrooge I decided that was a good deal. The young man that carried the tree to my car was very nice although a bit puzzled as to why I insisted on not having it dismantled. But I am not stupid - I would not have to assemble it when I got home. The VW was a little crowded and Angus insisted on trying to chew the ornaments - he is still a puppy a figures everything is fair game as food.

As you might guess I get the tree up and of course it looks lonely as the only decoration. So I visit the VV Boutique (to you non-Canadians that is Value Village) and I acquire a whole bag load of used Christmas decorations that some one has gotten bored with or is the type of person who has a different Christmas theme every year. These cost me the grand sum of $5.00.

So glue gun in hand and Angus chasing all this great new stuff I proceeded to make the living room a Christmas wonderland.

My colors this year are cream & gold (I think I am approximately two years behind the Christmas color trends, but I am happy & that is all that matters) and Angus does not care as long as I allow him to play.

Now that the Christmas decorations are up I guess I will now have to hit the stores to buy those gifts that every year I declare I will not purchase.

So that is my goal for next week.


tags technorati :
posted by LADYFLEA at 6:49 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment