Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Recovering from the weekend

The Vintage Flea
It is now 6:36:51 PM Eastern Standard Time and my daughter has revamped my blog. She is so very talented and I appreciate her.

I spent yesterday recovering from the weekend antique show - ended up at the chiropracter (he is becoming my new best friend).

Today I cleaned up all the mess and started to get ready for the next show which is on July 16 - that should give me enough time to recover. Except I am expecting my nieces (aged 9 & 12). No rest for the wicked Great Aunt.

And now the real male of this house needs attention.

Black Angus:
posted by LADYFLEA at 6:44 PM

3 Comments:

what an adorable little guy! And welcome to the world of blogging.

So - what kind of antique collectibles do you sell? Any specific things? I love watching Antiques Roadshow - but I think it's ruined it for those of us who dream of finding a "bargain" - since everyone knows too much now!
Blogger The ConCLAYve-Nan, at 7:52 PM  
What a darling dog! Love those smiling eyes!

Welcome to the world of blogging. I look forward to more.
Blogger Idle-wandering, at 9:27 PM  
He is too adorable - everyone spoils him and I am trying to train him. He is known as the Angus the Auction dog, cause he goes to all the auctions with me. This is where I get my antiques and collectibles (but I am not adverse to "dumpster diving" - have got some neat stuff that way)- I also appreciate a good garage sale. I sell just about everything. I buy what I like and if doesn't sell than I keep or give as gifts (to people who appreciate old things).

Antique Roadshow did not do in the good bargains. It was e-Bay. Everybody started to drag out great grandma's useless "nic nacs" that they were too embarrased to display and flooded e-Bay.

Now there is a ton of stuff on e-Bay that can be purchased for a real bargain. I sometimes buy off there to resell in my store.

My favourite vintage stuff is lucite box purses and vintage costume jewellery. I find it is easier to haul to shows and doesn't take up as much space.

One day I will post a picture of work space for business and my reference books.
Blogger LADYFLEA, at 2:24 PM  

Add a comment